NEW VAT RULES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2021
Wheter your company is established in our outside the European Union, your company has several options:
- To be registered for VAT in each country of the European Union where your company makes deliveries, to submit VAT returns and to pay VAT in those countries ;
- To use the One Stop Shop (OSS) system in a single Member State of the European Union: this system allows the company delivering goods to private individuals located in a Member State of the European Union, to sumbit a single VAT return in the country of OSS registration comprising the VAT returns of all countries of the European Union, all at once, where the company makes deliveries. This system also allows to make one payment, in the country of OSS registration, of the total amount of VAT to be paid for all countries.
The OSS scheme helps to reduce administrative costs if the supplier or the electronic interface has VAT obligations in several Member States of the European Union. However, it is necessary to analyze the company’s situation on a case-by-case basis because of certain OSS restrictions, in particular, it concerns the VAT refund claims and the obligation to keep a VAT registration in certain cases.
one stop shop (EU OSS):
It can be used for the following transactions:
- Intra-community distance sales of goods delivered to private individuals located in a Member State of the European Union, carried out by suppliers and companies facilitating supplies using an electronic interface, established or not in a Member State of the European Union;
• Local sales of goods delivered to private individuals located in a Member State of the European Union, made by companies facilitating deliveries using an electronic interface, established or not in a Member State of the European Union.
import one stop shop (IOSS):
It can be used for distance sales of goods not liable to excise duty, imported from third territories or third countries to customers in the European Union up to a value of 150 € per parcel, by suppliers and companies facilitating deliveries using an electronic interface, established or not in a Member State of the European Union.
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU ?
ASSESS THE VAT OBLIGATIONS resulting from the transactions you make in France.
APPLY FOR AN EORI NUMBER in case of imports from a non EU country (*).Learn more
APPLY FOR A VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER in France and possibly in other EU member States depending on the case (*).Learn more
REGISTER FOR THE OSS/IOSS system
PROVIDE TEMPLATES with a view to gathering the relevant information for the purpose of periodical VAT returns.
PREPARE THE VAT RETURNSLearn more
FOLLOW ANY PAYMENT of VAT due or receivable by you.
Act as a TAX REPRESENTATIVE on behalf of companies established outside the European Union that has not signed with France an administrative assistance agreement and wishing to register for EU OSS system, and as a TAX AGENT for businesses established in a EU member State.Learn more
Act as an INTERMEDIARY for companies established in a country outside the European Union which has not concluded a mutual VAT assistance agreement with the European Union and wishing to register for IOSS system,
PREPARE AND SUBMIT VAT REFUND CLAIMS on expenses of goods and services used for the business purposeLearn more
Assistance in drafting REPLIES TO REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION FROM THE TAX AUTHORITIES, we are present during tax audits, we ensure liaison with attorneys on the occasion of tax litigations ….
ANNUAL MEETING on the follow- up of the file.
REGULATORY MONITORING and analysis of the consequences on your reporting requirements.
ADVICE or administrative service (issuing invoices, applicable VAT, VAT rates, etc.)
(*) In case of VAT registration in several countries of the European Union, our European correspondents from the Tax Representative Alliance TRA can help you by offering:
- assistance with VAT registration and VAT compliance,
- one single contact, the Client Relationship Manager, who will coordinate the VAT registration and compliance with our correspondents in the different countries,
- online access to TRA extranet that allows you to upload and download documentation and data.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance or question!